On Saturday, the 11th of June, Nicki and Mervin were married. They have been living together for 18 years and have two children together. Nicki had three children before her relationship with Mervin and two of those children live with them now, Duane and Falisia. They also have a little granddaughter that lives with them. The Elders have been teaching them for the past couple of weeks. In order for them to be baptised they were required to be married. The branch pitched in to help put the wedding plans all together and I must say it turned out just beautiful. Elder Trumpet and Elder Conder also were great wedding planners. I felt very honored to have been asked to be Nicki's maid of honor. Elder Trumpet was the best man. They were married by Reverend Sterling, who is from another denomination, because no one in our branch has the authority to perform a marriage. Here are some pictures from the wedding.

I look like I'm taking this pretty serious.


Reverend Sterling asked Elder Sorensen to give a prayer on the rings, which he wasn't quite expecting.

Then Elder Trumpet and I had to witness and sign the marriage documents.




What a beautiful day for the McKenzies and one step closer to becoming an eternal family.
Then on Sunday morning, before sacrament services, Mervin, Nicki, and Falisia were baptised and confirmed members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Another
greater day.
Two more of the children were scheduled to be baptised but decided they were not quite ready. Hopefully "
soon come".
No comments:
Post a Comment