Monday, September 6, 2010

Walk The Walk

This past week has been very busy and also very rewarding. We drove to Kingston on Tuesday for a special training for all Zone and District leaders in the mission field. There were 24 Elders and 2 Senior Couples there for the training. It was more training on how to rely on the spirit when you teach and how to get your investigators to commit to be baptised on the first lesson or second for sure. The training went from Wednesday to Friday. Now it is our responsibility to teach the sister missionaries in our area. While we were in Kingston we stayed at the Mission Home with President and Sister Hendricks. I was able to help Sister Hendricks prepare dinner and feed all those 24 Elders for two nights. They were really a great group of young men. This was our first trip driving to and back from Kingston by our selves. I feel like we have pretty much got this Jamaican driving mastered.

Then on Saturday we participated in the baptism for Clarence and his wife Tommie. This was the high light of our mission so forth. Ever since we arrived in the mission field we have gone with the sister missionaries up to Point on Wednesdays to teach them. Clarence has had a testimony of the Book of Mormon for quite some time but Tommie hasn't. She was a Seventh Day Adventist. At first she didn't think we should have the sabbath day on Sunday and it should be on Saturday. Then she said that she had already been baptised. Each week it was something different. Clarence's testimony continued to grow and some of the issues he had earlier didn't seem to matter any more. So he made his mind up he wasn't going to wait any longer and he wanted to be baptised. Clarence and Tommie started praying together to help Tommie over come her concerns. The next week when we went to visit them Tommie had decided to be baptised with Clarence. They wanted Elder Sorensen to baptise them so they scheduled their baptism to be when we got back from our training in Kingston. Clarence had the trade of being a block layer. He said that now he and Elder Sorensen could build buildings in the celestial kingdom. When they had the program before the baptism he asked to share his testimony and he just wept with gratitude for being able to be baptised. Clarence wrote a song during the time he was being taught and when he received his testimony and I have attached it below. What a great day.




Walk the Walk
By Clarence McDowe

Verse one:
Ever since I found myself, living on the earth dum,
Looking across the depths, and I saw a light den,
God seems to heard my heart, and he sent his Son down,
To lead the way across the depths, and he leaves His footprints.

Chorus:
So I wanna walk the walk that Jesus walked for me,
And I wanna climb the stairs that Jesus left for me.
Because I love you God,
And I need you God,
And I wanna be with you, in your kingdom.

Verse two:
From earth to faith it leads to repentance,
And through baptism the gift of the Holy Ghost,
Through Temple ordinance and endure to the end,

Chrous:
I wanna walk the walk that Jesus walked for me
And to reach into His Celestial Kingdom.
Because I love you God,
And I need you God,
And I wanna be with you in your kingdom.
Cuz I love you God,
And I need you God,
And I wanna be with you in your kingdom.

No comments: