For our P-Day last week we visited a plantation up in the mountains. It was a great experience. It took about 45 minutes of winding mountain road to reach the plantation. We had an excellent bus driver or it would have been kind of a scary ride.
I never knew there we so many varieties of pineapple. Our tour guide informed us there are around 16 different kinds of pineapple. We got to sample about seven different kinds and actually they all tasted a little different. It was interesting to see how pineapple grow. I have always thought that they grow on trees. I have attached a picture of how pineapples grow. Pineapple is my most favorite fruit here in Jamaica. They grow all over the island. We were able to sample fresh pineapple juice, a drink made from ginger that was so good, and several other different kinds of fruit.
After the plantation tour we had a great lunch which consisted of barbecue chicken, rice and peas, and a green vegetable called kaleloo. It was really good. Just as we were getting ready to eat it started to rain and I mean it rained. It came down in bucket fulls. There is also a picture of the rain running off the bowery where we had lunch. Thank goodness that it didn't start raining until the tour was ended.
No comments:
Post a Comment