Monday, December 6, 2010

Getting Ready For Christmas

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas even though it doesn't feel like it. Sunday evening we went to our church for the broadcast of the Christmas devotional from Salt Lake City. It really helped bring in the true Christmas spirit. I was surprised how few were in attendance. One of the members of our branch from Lucea came to sacrament meeting and then stayed and had dinner with us and then we went to the devotional in the evening. I had purchased some fresh water fish from the market and Angie prepared them for us for our dinner. She did a great job. I've attached a picture of her holding the finished dish. Before the Lucea branch closed she used to be the relief society president. She is a fashion designer and has her own little shop. She has two children and one grandchild. She isn't married and never has been which is typical of the Jamaican culture. Her children both live abroad, one in Conneticut and one in Canada. She has been a member of the church for two years.




Our landlord Sister Rose loves Christmas as much as I do. She has the house all lit up with lights and decorations. It is just beautiful. She gave us a Christmas tree and decorations for it to put on our patio. It is all red. I have attached a picture of Sister Rose's house, where we live on the bottom level and also a picture of our tree on our patio.





Day time view and below night time of our tree.


No comments: